Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tour guide in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I had a reader ask me for my tour guide information from Phnom Penh and Siem Reap a while back. Unfortunately, I couldn't find their business cards or contact information anywhere! I even emailed my friend, who was my travel agent in Vietnam who helped book a few of my trips to Cambodia, but she couldn't get their direct information either. I was so bummed out. I mean, I'm sure I'll end up in Cambodia again since it's kinda one of my favorite countries in the whole wide world and I wanted them to be there! Lo and behold, Naren, my favorite tuk tuk driver emailed me the other day. He finally got a website up and running and he had my email address. So he emailed me and asked me to pass out his information to friends who might one day visit Cambodia. Lucky for him I write a blog, even if only a couple of people read, but I'm sure they know important people.
Naren is great! I can't begin to tell you how much we loved him. The first time I met him was during my Tet vacation. He picked our group up at the bus depot and took us to our hotel. He was just one of the sweetest people I've ever met. The second time I visited he happened to be our tour guide again. He got on famously with my mom and sisters. The third time I went I was by myself enroute to Sihanoukville with a quick stopover in Phnom Penh. Well, it was supposed to be quick but I missed my bus in Saigon and I was late for my connecting bus in Phnom Penh. I was kinda freaked out because I would have to wait for ages in Phnom Penh. I could have gone to the Russian Market, my FAVORITE place in Phnom Penh, but my bag was kinda heavy and I'm kinda lazy so of course it was a problem for me. As I walked off the bus, despondent because I couldn't spend my time shopping, I literally ran into Naren. Yes, I'm using the word literally correct in this sentence. He was picking up someone from the bus, but he saw me and grabbed my arm and told me to follow him. I told him what happened so he went back to the bus depot with me and got them to change my ticket. Apparently there was a bus leaving in an hour rather than three hours that no one saw fit to mention. He then said he'd keep my backpack for me in his car while I went shopping if I wanted. He has a couple of guys working for him so he sent them to drop his clients at their hotel so they could freshen up and  he waited for me and then made sure I got on the bus. I didn't have anything of concern in the backpack except my cool toothbrush cover so that wasn't a problem.

Here's a picture of me and Naren and my awesome sign. That's Kat, my wonderful former roommate, looking on jealously in the background. 

Here's his website. http://naren-tour.com/
And his contact information just in case the link doesn't work.

Contact Information:

Contact Name :  Mr. Kao Naren
Address :  #209, St. Small road, Khleang Sang Village, Sangkat Ruessei Kaev,Khan Russey Keo,Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel :  855(0) 89 816 089
Website :  www.naren-tour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment