Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tomorrow is my first day of being unemployed in 3 years. I'm a little nervous because I'm the type of person that can't sit still for very long. Thank God I'm unemployed because I'm moving out of the country. I still have a ton of stuff to do. Namely pack and everything that goes along with. I still haven't bought my laptop, Kindle, or sneakers. In the meantime I'm wasting all my free time by watching Boys Before Flowers, a Korean drama, that I'm obsessed with. Take a look at Episode 1 if you decide that you have nothing to do and want to waste copious amounts of time. It's in Korean with English subtitles. It's so dramatic it's fantastic.

Also, I got really amazing news today. My best friend's former Girl Scout leader from Kuwait now lives in HCMC and she offered to pick me up from the airport, have me stay with her for a few days, get me oriented with the city, etc. I definitely took her up on the offer of a ride from the airport because after traveling for 2 days I'm not sure I'll be able to manage a to find a taxi outside the airport (even though they're clearly marked) as well as find the guesthouse I'm staying in for the month. I'm a little scared now because things are going so well. I'll try not to think on it too much though and hopefully the Bad Luck Fairy won't find me.

Check out the wonderful things my friends have done for me so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment